11/9/10

Chicken and Mashed Potato's.

This is probably gonna get a little boring because I again want to tell you all about dinner tonight! Maybe next time I will wait a few days and do more than one dinner in one blog post.
      But I didn't only make dinner tonight, noo!  I made breakfast and lunch too!  That's quite alota meals from someone who doesn't like to cook.  I would say I'm definitely warming up to it :)
      Today for breakfast I made eggs for myself.  Simple, scrambled eggs.  Everyone knows how to make that, right?  Yes.  But, instead of grating the chunk of cheese, I put already grated cheese on it.  Which never turns out well.   Never again. If you are ever wondering whether to use already grated cheese that comes in a packet or to  grate cheese to put it on your eggs, grate the cheese yourself!! It just tastes better.  Alot better.
      For lunch mom asked me to make her a quesadilla.  So I made two. One for her, one for me.  I asked my brother Andrew for tips since he is the best quesadilla maker ever!  They didn't quite turn out how I wanted them to.  I think I used too much cheese (if that's even possible!).

     All day I'd kinda been wondering what we'd have for dinner.  Mom was too busy all day to get groceries and so was I.  But mom stopped by the store on her way home from bible study and grabbed a Ready-made chicken.  The chicken is all cooked and ready to eat, all you have to do is cut it up!  Of course mashed potato's go best with chicken so mom had me make homemade mashed potato's! (Instead of the ready-in-a-minute kind of mashed potato's.)  What I did was peel the potato's (which I'm painfully slow at) and chop 'em up and put them in a pot that has water in it. (I was also so very painfully slow at chopping up the potato's) Once that's done you just put it on the stove and let it boil for about 15-20 min. While that was going I got some french styled green beans in a can and dumped the contents of that can in a small pot.  Actually I used two cans. I also let that boil for a bit.  Once that potato's were done I drained them and put them back in the pot.  Then added milk butter and garlic salt and mashed it up with our potato masher! It doesn't really matter how much milk and butter you add, just as long as it's enough. No need to measure. Then I got some garlic cloves, crushed them up and put them in a little pan that had melted butter in it.  Let them cook for a little then put it in the mashed potato's. You can also cut up the garlic cloves, cook them and put them in.  (I think I will do that next time)
The mashed potato's were ready.
When the green beans were done boiling I drained them and put them back in the pot. Then, (surprise!) I added an egg.  Yes an egg.  You kinda just stir it around until the egg looks cooked.  Then its ready!
       Tonight's dinner wasn't as simple as last night's but it was oh so good! :)  Mom says garlic goes with everything.  She is right. I put a little garlic salt on the green beans and it tasted better!

MmmMmmm :]

Thanks for reading!

Much Love,
TessieB

1 comment:

  1. With mashed potatoes it's also fun to add cream cheese and sour cream as well as butter, garlic, milk, and of course salt and pepper. It's really fattening, but really yummy! I only do it for special family occasions.

    With scrambled eggs you can grate the cheese directly into the egg/milk mixture before you put it in the frying pan or you can grate it directly into the pan. Also, if you want to get creative add hot sauce, bacon, ham, onions, or even breakfast sausage! (I wouldn't recommend doing all those at the same time though) :P And usually I use sharp cheddar cheese.

    It's also fun to do fresh vegetables. It's a lot of work but they taste really yummy! Sometimes my dad and I will actually barbecue the fresh vegetables and brush butter and garlic on them. Generally that goes best with some type of barbecued meat though...
    LoveLoveLove, Christie

    ReplyDelete