11/8/10

I made dinner tonight

I've decided to start making dinners in order to learn how to cook!  I had a whole week all planned out what I wanted to do. They were interesting dishes that would require some work.  But I didn't totally plan ahead.  I was planning on going shopping today to get food for tonight. But that didn't work out. I was kinda bummed.  But I looked at what we had and decided I'd try my hand at making spaghetti.
         Now spaghetti isn't at all that hard to make. Especially if you don't make your own sauce. Then its a piece of cake!  All you have to do is boil some water, then put the spaghetti noodles in and cook it for about 20 min. I just use Prego sauce instead of making it homemade.  Homemade is good, but I love the way Prego sauce tastes!
         I looked around to see what else we had that could go with spaghetti and I found some zucchini! So I peeled the zucchini cut it up and put it in a pan to steam it. Steamed zucchini with garlic salt is really good :)
         I tried to think of something that would be cool and make the dinner taste better. But I realized I love just simple spaghetti with Prego sauce and Parmesan cheese. There's nothing like it!  It's so good I always have seconds. (which I hardly ever do!)  Thats one thing I love about Italian food! Its so simple and sooooooo good! Sometimes its not always so simple.  But you can make a variety of things with just a few simple ingredients.

I wonder what I will make tomorrow night?
Life is always an adventure! Never forget that :)

Thanks for reading!

Much Love,
TessieB

3 comments:

  1. hahah yayyy!!! on time when you really dont have any food try cooking something crazy! haha I have had to do that a couple times so far and it always comes out yummy!!! haha fun fun fun! Im proud of you tessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Tessie! I've started making dinner every Tuesday now, and I actually just made spaghetti last night!! (Tuesday) :)I enjoyed reading your post. ;)
    ~Emily Miles

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great Tessica! Yeah, I've been doing cooking with my mom since Jr. High and it's really fun. At first I didn't want to because it was for school but I've discovered since then that I love to cook!
    I love doing Italian! Making sauces from scratch is my favorite. At first it's really hard but practice makes perfect. Alfredo sauce is definitely my favorite to make from scratch but marinara is cool too!
    LoveLoveLove, Christie

    ReplyDelete