8/9/12

Writers block



Do you ever get writers block?! I get it quite often. and I'm not always sure how to deal with it.  The only way I know how is to just wait. wait wait wait wait wait. I feel like I'm always waiting to come out of some kind of block or another. Either with my photography or my writing or my song writing. Its hard to just wait. wait wait wait. I feel like thats all i've been doing this extended summer. But, thats okay! Did you know that? that its okay to wait? its okay to have dry seasons. its okay to have writers block. its okay!  You just have to except that and find something else to do with your time.  I waited about a month for my blog and photography editing block. I've been waiting 3 1/2 months for my story writing block. and I've been so impatiently waiting for my 8 month ish song writing block.  So hard. Especially the song writing block.  I've been trying too hard for too long. I'm at my wits end. this is something I don't want to give up on. I want to keep trying new things in order to come back.  I'm not quite ready to give up on this one yet. I'm ready to be done waiting. But is it time? not a clue.  Only God knows.  What do you do with this kind of writers block? Do you keep going, and hope your just doing something wrong? Do you patiently wait? the answer is not clear to me at this time. its just something you gotta work through. Its hard but its for a reason I guess. and one thing i've learned; you can't force creativity.  Period. End of line.  It is a gift from God. its got nothing to do with you. He decides when you have it and when you don't. and He gets the glory for both.
Hallelujah. 








2 comments:

  1. It is encouraging your trust in God in the time of waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about waiting. I too feel like I've had to wait for certain things all summer long. It's crazy how much waiting can make us feel weary. Keep trusting in God's perfect timing Tess! I love and miss you! <3

    ReplyDelete