9/20/12

a place called Knott's

          Theme parks are a blast! Its so cool to live in southern california and have two awesome theme parks within 30 minutes. I had a pass to Knott's Berry Farm once. I think I was around fifteen.  maybe younger.  but after a while i couldn't go on the rides because all of the roller coasters say not to go on if you have back problems and about halfway into our passes (maybe later) my back started giving me problems and i would feel a lot of pressure in my back when i went on rides. I got scared and slowly stopped going on the rides, starting with the more intense ones.  I went back once with my family and cousins around Christmas time last year. I think we got in free, or for cheep or something. because it was cold and we weren't going on anything, me, my mom, my aunt, and my grandma just decided to go home.
          Well, my boyfriend got tickets to Knotts from his sister who works there and so we all decided to go before school started. So we got there and we had to wait a while in the heat before we could get into the park because 1) we couldn't contact his sister to get a discount for my siblings and 2) it was almost 4, the time they drop the prices of the day pass. so we waited. and then the adventure began.
          It was just like old times walking around the park and going on rides with the Henson's (my boyfriends family incase you didn't know). We met up with Janelle and got funnel cake and went on the log ride and went on all kindsa rides. It was hot. hot hot hot. so hot. i was sweating all day.. and i don't sweat very easily (thank the Lord cuz i hate sweating). so we finally got to go on the rapids ride and of course we go right around the time the sun sets and of course... i got soaked. the only one who didn't really want to get wet got soaked. went down my entire backside. and most of my front. We went on all the rides we could, but with my back and Brad's head pain, it wasn't all that many. so we didn't spend a whole lot of time with everyone else because they wanted to go on all the rides we couldn't go on. I've been kinda skeptical of that sky cabin ride that takes you way up in the air cuz i heard it breaks down a lot at the top. no thanks. but this time, i decided to go on. i dunno why. it was enjoyable. and air conditioned :) Jo (Janelle, Brad's sister) bought me these paper, old 3D type glasses that made all the lights in Camp Snoopy look like hearts. it was neat-o! i plan on using them to take photo's with and make cool bokeh, but i just haven't gotten around to it yet. i took some pictures here and there, but mostly i just relaxed and enjoyed the day and the time i was spending with Brad.
          All this to say, I went to Knott's Berry Farm! and we had a blast! Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed the day ;)

































Thanks for reading!
Much Love,
TessieB

2 comments:

  1. Knotts is awesome! Too bad about your back tho :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 25th picture down! Love Knott's!!

    ReplyDelete