9/25/12

Goals

lack of motivation is my greatest fault. it is also known as laziness. laziness, however, is a little different from lack of motivation, but unfortunately i have both. how do you get out of such an awful trait? you don't want to be lazy, but you have no motivation to do anything about it. you keep putting it off and putting it off and nothing gets done. it is a terribly vicious cycle that traps those entangled for what seems like an eternity. I don't have any answers for you if you struggle with this. I myself am searching for answers and can come up with nothing. (although I must tell you I haven't been searching hard). I have issues with making and keeping goals. My sporadically random fits of motivation don't usually last long and they are usually very focused on one thing only. How do you stay motivated? Once I lose my motivation for something it seems to be gone forever. I am constantly starting over goals and projects when I get tired of them. I tend to get excited about things, then lack the motivation to see it through. It's a struggle to stay motivated to exercise.. its a struggle to stay motivated to read my bible every day when my goal for reading everyday fell through when I missed a day on accident.. Its a struggle to stay motivated to blog often.. Its a struggle to stay motivated to take and edit pictures..

It's a struggle. But God is bigger than our struggles. We need to take them to Him (which I am very very bad at) and leave them at His feet cuz only He can help us and give us the strength. We are called to cast our cares upon Him. (1 Pet 5:7) I feel so alone in this struggle. But writing this out, I know I'm not. I know there are people who go through the same thing I do, even though we pretend to not to. It's okay. Because someone understands! Someone cares! You are not alone in your struggles.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Much Love,
TessieB

1 comment: