5/24/10

Why Superman is my favorite super hero...

I picked Superman as my favorite super hero.   For many reasons.   But before I state the reasons, I wanted to let you know that all that I know of superman is based on Superman Returns.   Great movie!  Highly recommend it!  I've never seen any of the other movies.. or read the comics... So here goes...

My favorite thing about him is his Christ-likeness.   The whole entire movie, his whole self, reminds me of my Savior Jesus Christ and the Gospel!  The world does need a Savior. 
Lois Lane seems to think, or has convinced herself, that she doesn't need a savior.  She comes to found out that she actually does. 
My favorite scene is when Lois sees Superman for the first time since he's returned and he takes her way up in the sky and asks her; "What do you hear?"
She says, "I hear nothing"
"I hear everything." He tells her, "You wrote that the world doesn't need a Savior, but every day I hear people crying for one."

It's true, everyone does cry out for a Savior whether they know it or not.   They all need Him.

I had planned on saying a bunch about Superman and the movie, but none of that seems important right now.  The only important thing is my Savior.   Clark Kent/Superman reminds me of my Savior and the worlds need of a Savior.  
It's just something to think about.

Sorry for this superlame post,
Thanks for reading!

Much Love,
TessieB

No comments:

Post a Comment