2/16/12

Music


Right now. I have one of my own songs stuck in my head. Actually my most recent one. :) is that weird?
*shrugs*
So far I have abouttt....16? songs total that I wrote.

Wanna read the lyrics of my most recent song?? 


Welllll...ima post it anyways :P

---------------
Dreams
You go to sleep at night
and you imagine
flocks of birds in flight
and deep chasms
the possibilities are endless
our imaginations in bliss

Our friends and family
all around us
I could be floating in a sea
or on a bus
going anywhere or nowhere
in that state without a care

~Oh dreams, sweet dreams
flooding my mind with memories
of people and faces and objects and places i love
dreams, sweet dreams
don't go away from me
without you sleep is a nightmare!

My hopes and dreams and fears
come to life
the laughter and the tears
in front of my eyes
as real as they seem..they arent
but they help me sleep so peacefully

~Oh dreams, sweet dreams,
flooding my mind with memories 
of people and faces and objects and places i love
dreams, sweet dreams
dont go away from me
without you sleep is a nightmare

Psalm 127:1-2 "Unless the LORD build the house, those who build lit labor in vain, unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stay awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil, for He gives to his beloved, sleep."

~ dreams, sweet dreams
flooding my mind with memories 
of people and faces and objects and places i love
dreams, sweet dreams
dont go away from me
without you sleep is a nightmare
without you i just have nightmares
i just have nightmares.

------------

A while ago I posted about song titles

I believe they should be short and to the point, yet memorable and intriguing.

Here is my list;
(not in any particular order)
A Procrastinating Fool
In Him I Rest (or Hallelujah...not sure about this title)
Superfly
Beautiful Faces
Sweet Savior
Airplanes in the Fog
Life is You
Slow Down
Love is
I Wish (or just Wish)
Much
A Little Goes a Long Way
Sweet Comfort
Anchor of My Soul
Dreams


Now you read those titles and you're just reading titles. I read them and know that stories and music and lyrics are hidden away behind those titles. They have a meaning and a life! I wish you could hear them all. Not just cuz i sound good or im a good writer. But because I want you to understand! I want you to see the story and hear the music and see the life behind each song! They mean alot to me. They are sooo much more than a  title. 

---


I started recording a bit with my dad and sis one day. It was more like a practice round. 
I havent done any recording since then. (my dad has a recording studio in our house :P)


---

I haven't learned much Rhapsody in Blue lately. (My other posts about it are here, here and here)

I love that song. And I love piano! So amazing. 
Yesterday at Jazz History class thissssss awesome guy came to play for us. So amazing.


---


Okay, thats all I have to say about music right now
(except its awesome)

Thanks for reading!


Much Love,
TessieB

P.S. Yes I dooooo like linking things <3

3 comments:

  1. hahaha great post Tess, it would be great to know the stories behind your songs....maybe when you finally record and get your album done, you can write a little about each song! love your links! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff! I can't wait until the cd comes out! Especially since I'm first on the waitlist!

    ReplyDelete