1/22/10

Cinder Ella Enchanted

So yesterday I read the whole of Ella Enchanted.  I'm sure most of you are fimaliar with that movie.  I know I am.   I loved the book!  Couldn't put it down!  Thats why I read the whole thing. You see, normally, I don't read whole books in one day.  Because then I don't remember it as well.  But this one I couldn't stop reading and I had to see the end.  You might be asking, 'Well if you've seen the movie don't you know the ending??'  I know the movie's ending.  But, as I found out soon after starting it, the movie is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy different than the book!  So much so that I didn't know exactly how it would end!  Again I love the book.  Why on earth would anyone want to change the story of a good book when they make it into a movie??  Did the screen writers even read the book?!?!?!  Why do people do that?  Could it be that they want to make it better??  How on earth is it possible to make a really good story even better?  I'm sure most people would agree with me when I say that books are always better than the movies.  Why is that? Because the stupid screen writers think they can make it better by changing up the story a bunch.  Not. Cool.   Now, there is something I must tell you.  Its that I love watching movies! Even if the story is corrupted.  But I have begun to like books more than I have ever liked movies.  For the simple reason that they are always better, and the book explains so much more!  Books are my friends.  I look forward to spending evenings lost in their pages.  They take me to faraway places :) Its really enjoyable :)

Thats all for now

Much Love,
TessieB

1 comment:

  1. Very true Tess! =) Books always seem to be better than movies. When I was younger I thought the same thing- that screen writers are just tryin' to mix it up and take things out! But you have to remember! Movies are a completely different style and art form! So there may be elements in books that they may no be able to apply to the movie because of how the movie runs! =) I don't think that MOST of the time they are trying to disrespect the story and mess around with it, I think they just end up having to because of how they choose to make the movie go!

    You're crazy readin' it in one day! XD I could never do that! Well...I guess I shouldn't say "never"...but I AM a slow reader...so it might actually be impossible!

    ReplyDelete