1/13/10

Sense and Sensitivity

Sense? Sensitivity? I'm pretty sure I have neither.

Some of you who know me pretty well will probably be saying to yourself, 'but Tess is pretty sensitive.'
True. When it comes to my own feelings.. But when it comes to the feelings of other? I am ashamed to say I'm not.
I'm afraid I don't have the sense enough to be sensitive.
One thing that keeps coming to mind is Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice.. She say's to Mr. Darcy something along these lines that I keep thinking of;
"And your selfish distain for the feelings of others"
Ooo.. that’s harsh. True, but harsh....
Am I like that? Unfortunately I must admit I am..

I have been overlooking others feelings and putting mine up as more important.  And for that I am sorry.
I know I am forgiven because of my Perfect Savior. :) And that makes me happy :)

Do we have sense enough to see things like this and do something about it?  I hope so.  But usually we don't.  What a bummer that is.  Simple things like praying and reading your bible really do help!
We have an awesome God :)

Much Love,
TessieB

No comments:

Post a Comment