1/12/10

In the book of Matthew...

Last night, (or was it the night before? I can't remember) I was listening to the bible on tape as I do every night. I fall asleep to it. I'm listening to the beginning of Matthew at the moment. And I was just listening to all that was going on with Jesus. In Matthew 14, it tells us about when Jesus walked on water. In verse 33 they are amazed and worshiped Him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God!"

A thought struck me.... What would it be like to be before the face of God on earth, worshiping Him?

I think I would be very shy in front of Jesus on earth if I had lived then. My God and the Messiah!! Before my very eyes!! How amazing that would be!
It’s hard for me to imagine being in the presence of Jesus. But I can't wait to be. :)

J. Vernon McGee says, "Someday, when in the presence of our Savior, we will thank Him for every burden, every trial, and every heartache."

That will be the most amazing day ever!

Goodbye for now!

Much Love,
TessieB

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts Tessie!!

    I have definitely done that before too. I think, "Oh! What was that even like for them?"

    Recently I was thinking about how fun it will be to finally see Jesus, and then talk to the apostles about how they felt when they were on earth knowing God. Like "What were your first thoughts?" and such, ya know?

    Great idea listening to the Bible while you sleep...I may possibly have to steal that from you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bekka!

    You wouldn't be stealing the idea from me! You'd be stealing it from my parents :)
    They put us to sleep to it for years! Every since we were really little.
    Now it helps me fall to sleep :)

    ReplyDelete