3/27/12

Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce


I need to start cooking more. Try new recipes.
I hardly ever cook but it fascinates me!
I love food.
good food especially.


All my life ive been super picky! It took me til a couple months ago to like onions.
So i have a hard time with food. especially new food! Becauseeee i dont like a lot of foods. and trying new stuff has always been hard for me. My boyfriend is always encouraging me to try new stuff. He is the opposite of a picky eater! He will eat almost anything! Its really encouraging :)

So thennnn i tried a new recipe. andd it wasnt good. it was bleh. I didnt like it very much


im realizing that trying new recipes... mayyybe not.

perfecting them??

heck yes! heck yes heck yes!! :)

My mom liked this new recipe though. So i will share it with you! :)

Ingredients:

~ 2 cups dried penne pasta
~ 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
~ 1 can evaporated milk
~ 2 cups shredded italian-style four-cheese blend
~ 1 teaspoon dried basil
~ garlic powder
~ ground black pepper

But who measures things?? I sure don't. but if you do. there you go. haha



So here is how you make it.


Boil some water, put in oil to make sure the noodles don't stick together, add pasta.. While the pasta is cooking cut up the dried tomatoes.


When the pasta is almost done go ahead and add in the sun dried tomatoes.


Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine the milk, cheese and basil and add some garlic powder and ground black pepper. Cook in low-medium heat until the cheese is melted. Be sure to stir it occasionally so the cheese doesn't stick to the pan. Remove from heat.


Mix it allllll together. 


See?! its pretty easy. and it was pretty dang good. 


We added Zucchini and garlic bread to our meal. it was very good :)


I love zucchini cooked in the oven. Its made by cutting up zucchini and putting them in a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. You put olive oil all over it and add plenty of garlic salt on top of that. DELISH. I forget what temp to cook it at but just cook it til it looks right :) just be sure to add lots of garlic salt!!


Enjoy!

Much Love,
TessieB



2 comments: