3/5/12

Pondering...

Okay, so here's the deal. 

I think this post is gonna be long, so hang in there! 



Also, this is my opinion on a theological issue. If you're gonna try and argue with me (which is fine) I just wont reply :) I'm not here to argue. I just need to get this off my chest.


Do you know what bothers me? 

Lately what has been bothering me is the issue of God as the author of sin. 
Yikes. I know.
Heavy topic. 

But i've been thinking about it lately. 

I personally don't have a problem with that. You know why?

Cuz if God didn't create it, then who did? So when the Bible says God made everything, does it mean God made everything, but sin? Just think about it.


I think the reason people have such a hard time with this is because they think for some reason, that if God created, or invented, or ordained, sin, then that means that God is somehow sinful. What? No way! God is NOT tainted by His creations. It doesn't make Him evil either. 



Eph 3:9;
and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things.


Rev 4:11;
"Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
    to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
    and by your will they existed and were created."





Col 1:16;
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him.




So I'm curious. Does all things mean, all things but sin?
Well if God didn't create it, where did it come from? How did Lucifer and Adam get the ability to sin? You gotta think about these things. How can something that's perfect, all of a sudden not be perfect? Did they already have the ability to sin in them? These are questions i've been pondering.
I have no idea what the answer is.
and honestly I dont know the Bible well enough to give deep theological answers.


But just think about it. 

Whats so bad about God being the author of sin? 
We know that God has a plan. His plan is good. And no matter what happens, He uses it for good!

Rom 8:28;
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.


Another thing that has been bothering meee... is people are afraid of double predestination. 
Does that also make God not good?

I dont get how he can "pass over" people. The bible NEVER uses that language to describe the reprobate. Ever. 





Jude 1:4;

For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Rom 9:16-23;
So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose have I raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills. 
You will say to me then, "Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?" But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "why have you made me like this?" Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honored use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make know his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make know the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory.

1 Peter 2:8;
They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

Prov 16:4;
The Lord has made everything for its own purpose, even the wicked for the day of evil.



So this is what has been on my mind lately. I know I dont really know that much about it, but this is just what I see. I know im not an expert and I could dig into it more. Im not a scholar or a professor or anyone of great learning. But thats okay. :)


Anyways, thanks for reading! 

Much Love,
TessieB

(P.S. All those pictures are filmmmm <3)

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Tessie! that is exactly where I am as well. Those who believe they have control over anything is sadly mistaken. It all happens for one reason. It is a simple reason, but shakes the very corner stones of the faith. That only reason why sin is in the world is to Glorify God. Now, before you freak out totally, ii dont mean eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. That is a foolish way of looking at it. We will be judged for our Actions and accountable to them all. The only thing that saves us is Jesus Christ who bore our sins on the cross, died for the many, and gives life to those who do not deserve any of it. Having said that, sin just magnifies God's grace and mercy bestowed upon us. We live in a sinful world,God hates sin and will not look upon sin (reference when Jesus bore the wrath and sin, God turned His head because he could not look upon sin),so it is safe to say that we live in a God forsaken place. (again, referring to the sins of the world and not the things of the world) We have come to denial that God could possibly send people to die and never have a chance to know God. why is it that so difficult? Read the Old testament. the bible is dripping with scripture where He uses those who He hates to show how much the israelites need Him and have forsaken their God. He used battles, plagues,enslavement, persecution, given over to themselves, swallowed up by the earth, forsaken from the promise land, horrible rulers, evil men, pharaohs heart hardened, all this to show God's mercy on His people. Think about that for awhile. If you disagree with me, then why does the bible say, he does all things for good?

    If you can explain a way out of that, let me ask you this question, is God sovereign? Does he rule the whole world and know every hair on your head? Every bird in the sky? every wave in the Ocean? Has He not made all those things? has need not made all of those things to grow, die, crash up on the shore? Does He not know the time and place you will die? Tell me then, how does Even HE not know who will come into the kingdom of Heaven? Then you might say, we aren't arguing that He doesn't know who does, we are arguing if anyone can come to know Jesus as their savior. I ask you this, tell me the difference? If you can find a difference, is God really sovereign? Re think your positions on your faith, email me because if I am wrong, I want to change my position on the basis of faith. b.henson2010@gmail.com

    Tessie! you are so awesome! love you!

    ReplyDelete